Sunday, July 15, 2007

My fix


Tonight I had a nice dinner with NFG, and it seems to me now, that around two months of conversation has been exorcised in one evening. Don't get me wrong - it's a good thing; It just left me a little flat tis all.
After too much time in my own mind, an evening of stimulating discussion with a dear friend is just the ticket, when your normal daily interaction doesn't push you in the direction you desire.
But - like all things great things, they come to an end. You find yourself coming down from some kind of a fix - I guess when you spend time doing something you love, with someone you love, It's hard to fill the parts in your own life when you suddenly notice them missing.
This is a realisation that used to take me a while to come to. No longer.
I'll miss my friend in the two months it will take to juggle our respective dance cards, and meet again; it's that simple.

3 comments:

ren powell said...

I know this.

Just got back from a week with several people I would like to spend more time with. A year before I see them again.

And here in town, friends who are busy when I'm not. . . free when I'm out of town.

A high has to go a long way.

Mark J said...

I wonder if it would be less intense if we talked more often. I hope not. Sitting out of the cold, drinking wine and chatting, I feel that the world could have passed us by a couple of times before either of us noticed. :)

A year must be horrid tho.

ren powell said...

Funny how the world can pass by and so little have happened. Or at least how easy it is to step off when I feel open to something deeper than banter.