Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The five stages of internet dating

Everything you need to know about Internet dating in five stages;


I don't need this crap. How dare you think I do?
If you leave me alone I'll try it, but realistically there's no chance it will work. Imagine if I met someone special, wouldn't that be lovely? Then again, it's not really me - is it?





If I knew all this six months ago I wouldn't have bothered. And although it may be unrealistic, I prefer to believe in people more, not less.

Fish has a post on Internet dating, and although I can see her side of the argument .....

"My friends would describe me as laid back..." Yawn! Or, "I'm just an average guy..." Click! If you don't think you're special, why should I? If you truly are nondescript (and honestly, I have a hard time believing that anyone is entirely quirk-free), you totally deserve the kind of girl who would be intrigued by such a statement. May the lord bless you with a houseful of talentless children.

...I hate the fact that you have to super-sell yourself to an audience, when in reality someone should just like you for being you - not some 150% version of you. But who really gets to know you via Internet dating? I suggest no one does. You are what you write.

Then again Internet dating is very superficial - good manners are simply non existent. I would say that if the behaviour on dating websites was mirrored in real life we wouldn't even get past a first date, let alone a second.

When you feel yourself leaning the same way, and following a group mentality of behaviour, it's time to cut free, and if necessary, come to grips with the opportunities of love won and lost, by simply dealing with it; regardless of what future outcomes life may have in store for you.

Angry? Bitter? Resigned?

Most possibly.

1 comment:

ren powell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.