Thursday, July 26, 2007

Haiku musings

I used to write poetry.
Very bad poetry.
One day I will talk to Fonmeister or NFG, find the best - and post it.

In the meantime I have been hunting the web playing with Haiku. I love it's purity of structure. Simply stated anything goes - just 5 then 7 then 5 syllables.

Included are some I've written , and some I've stolen from the web, to protect the innocent.

Here we go.

Sitting gathering
Counting every syllable
Keeps my mind busy

Don't take on so much
Your cross never burdens me
Need you to hear me

We need to argue
That will get us nowhere fast
Stops it getting real

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

Suffer for your soul
Too many ways to trade it
For nothing at all

Fight Club on my mind
His name was Robert Paulson
Shame he had to die

You didn't know me
As well as you thought you did
Blind without reason


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!

Mark J said...

Vogon poetry, the second worst poetry ever.