Sunday, July 01, 2007

A non-cheese dream


So, I say to myself, "This is my life" - as a house.

The walls aren't square and the wall linings are different thickness's. There are nails everywhere - and they're not evenly spaced. In fact they are dotted all over the wall linings. Oh yes - and the nails - they're all 6 feet long. I know this because I decide to pull one of them out to start 'fixing things'.

This was my crazy dream from last night. I got to see my life thus far rendered as a structure - This has to be the most vivid (non cheese) dream I've ever had.

So - I look and critique the 'house' I've built over 40 years, and I'm not happy - especially about the all the nails - there are literally thousands; like someone has decided to create a pattern or image with all of them. The problem is I can't stand back far enough to see - I just transfix on the nails themselves.

And don't ever get me started about the different thickness of wall linings - how do I fix that?

My faceless female 'helper' in this dream tries to say that my 'house' just needs a few minor adjustments. In my dream I'm more convinced that a better idea would be to bowl the house down and start again, but the dream ends with my 'helper' putting her arm over my shoulder and walking with me toward the kitchen with some suggestions over a few ideas for a new pantry she's be working on.

I know; I should come with some kind of warning label :)

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'd be screwed - I don't even know what a wall lining is.