Friday, January 20, 2006

You want fingers with your combo?

A Santa Clara woman must be regretting her decision to place a severed finger in her "Wendys" chilli to extort a payout from the fast food chain. After a scam was revealed the woman, and her husband were yesterday sentenced to prison for nine years.

It should be pointed out that she now regrets the incident.

"I am truly sorry. I owe Wendy's and its employees an apology," a sobbing Ayala told the court. "Wendy's had always been my family's favourite fast food restaurant."

Having had Wendy's chilli I can categorically state it tastes just fine without the finger, and you're not missing out on anything.

I understand the woman has been involved in other scams with other fast food restaurants, hence the heavy sentence imposed.

No comments: