Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dere's poetry in dem dere movies


Tyler's "borrowed" comment in the previous posting is too good to not have it's own post.

I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright... and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice...but still, the place you live is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.

Steven King wrote the original story - and I wonder if this was in the book, or just the screenplay.

Either way, seeing this quote can make you a bit sad - especially when someone you work with decides to take a job in Melbourne with a rival company. Good luck Verapol - you will be missed.

On a more interesting note - perhaps if you have some favouite part of a scene in a movie you could include it as a comment. Avoid the obvious ones ok?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quiz for you, some quotes from a very poetic movie...?
"That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will now be written with blood."
"Did you kill the white man who killed you?"
"I was then taken east, in a cage. I was taken to Toronto. Then Philadelphia. And then to New York. And each time I arrived at another city, somehow the white men had moved all their people there ahead of me. Each new city contained the same white people as the last, and I could not understand how a whole city of people could be moved so quickly."
"It is strange that you do not remember any of your poetry, William Blake"
What is this movie??

Mark J said...

Initially I thought it was a western movie with indians, but if it's the movie I think it is - it would be a guess, as I havent actually seen it. IG would be able to confirm the title as he raved about it. Chris Knox also gave it a good write up. I havent seen it about as a DVD, It sounds interesting tho.

IG - name that movie!

Anonymous said...

i smell beans, my name is IG, he who talks loud, saying nothing.

I couldn't realy enjoy this movie cause I spent the whole time fucking around with my telly trying to get the colour to work

Anonymous said...

Well done IG, it is indeed Dead Man. Forget the Mohicans, this really is the poohs! If you haven't seen it yet, do so, but remember do not adjust your set!

Anonymous said...

Another quiz from another movie....? Possibly the most in depth conversation in the history of cinema....
How's Mum?
Good.
How's Dad?
Good.
How's Trace?
Good.
How are you?
Good.
How's Steve?
He's all right.
Good.
[voice-over] We could just chat for hours.

Anonymous said...

Tyler Knows Best is right - Daniel Day Lewis is hot!!!

Anonymous said...

The Castle