Friday, January 13, 2006

Evolution by shoe

A potential class structure emerges... From people who choose to walk barefoot (even in winter) to those who wear Italian leather loafers.

Do not judge lest you be judged? Bugger that!

In the begining there was the foot.

And then came the Jandal

Then came the gyms shoe

Then the "proper" shoe

Can anyone tell me where the jandal and sock combo fits into the evolutionary tree? Or is simply genetic throwback?

Or what about the yuppy sportshoe wearer?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw a guy at the supermarket today with white socks and jandals - thought it was just not on - smacks of walk socks and roman sandals to me. Does that make me a snob or do I just have better dress sense?

Mark J said...

I find that hard to believe - isnt he the "Imelda Marcos" of John's Furnature Warehouse?

Mark J said...

I meant to ask - was he also wearing cords?

There was that short term love affair with technocolour gym pants as well ... the horror.... the horror.

Anonymous said...

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we must change it every six months" Oscar Wilde (1854-1900).
I always found it difficult as there were so many rules, Tuck your tee shirt in, then it became never tuck your tee shirt in, wear white trainers with jeans then it became don't wear white trainers with jeans then it became wear white trainers with jeans.... Therefore any fashion faux pas I may have been guilty of was only the result of being slightly out of sync with the dresscode rule of the day.

Anonymous said...

Aoccdrnig to a Cmabrigde Uinervtisy rscheearch procejt, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae.

I only submit this interesting fact in case anyone wants to have a go about my terrible spelling,