Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cheese Sandwich Posts

Things have been busy this week. I'm working a mix of nights and days for the next two weeks, and my routine is up in the air.
I did a presentation to management at nine this morning, after four hours sleep - I went home today at midday and slept until 4pm; I have no idea what day it is, or if I should even be hungry. Tonight it's more of the same - I'll start at 11pm and will probably finish around 6am on Thursday (I think).

It's time like this that you realise how you protect yourself with the routine of your life, and how fragile that inner peace can be when that routine is gone; especially when the littlest road blocks come your way. I know this will be all over by November, but I am now beginning to see that I am becoming increasing inflexible to these changes in my life, and I really need to fight that; if you can't bend, you break.

Though all this madness I do however, have flashes of clarity - I guess the lucid moments are an attempt to make sense out of this supposed chaos. I look forward to some sort of normal service resuming shortly; as probably, will you.

Found this song a while back. I found it as background music to this clip.
It's a simple song to play, and on days like these the simple songs are the best.

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Ahh, so you're getting close to the expat/immigrant experience ...

Love the citizenship test silly little Johny is enacting over at the neighbour's place ... guess they don't want history repeating itself over there.

Mumble mutter mutter ... grouch and then, insult to injury, I got 5/5 when I did the test quiz. I guess that means I can move in any old time eh wot.

Loved the music, thanks for that.