Monday, October 15, 2007

True Love

I have to admit it. I'm in love for the third time in my life.

Before any of you who know me faint, or yell "finally" to the heavens - I should point out I'm talking about this;



Yes - I've always been a PC geek. I've built, and repaired more IBM compatible PC's, than I care to remember - but I've given that all away: I've finally moved to Apple - the 24" iMac to be precise.

I finally came to this conclusion because this week I was selected to write a review on a piece of software for the iMac called Parallels. Parallels is a program that allows you to run Windows XP or Vista inside a "Window" on an Apple Mac. The program runs Windows apps like a dream, but I must admit when XP finally booted on my Mac I felt that I had sold out - and somehow, in the process, let my new computer down.

Five years ago when IG mentioned buying a Mac I laughed at him - perhaps he had more vision than me. All I know now is that I couldn't see myself going back to a IBM Compatible box computer, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Seriously folks - If you're sick of virus scanners, after-market firewalls, spyware, and daily security updates take a look at Apple next time you upgrade. If you're anything like me you wont regret the move - or the possibility of falling in love again.

2 comments:

ren powell said...

Okay, darlin', I have been struggling with this new baby for two weeks now. thus, writing very little.

It ain't bug-free with the bells and whistles.

I have a 20. I would put up with a lot of bugs just for the screen.

Notes seems to do everything word does. (and at 9, it's such a gas to see the little umbrella hopping up and down).

So- a question before your article. What's a good RSS reader?

Mark J said...

Ren. I feel bad - really I do.
I should know how to answer your question, but I simply dont use RSS - but I found this link... Hope you find something here you can use.

http://email.about.com/od/rssreadersmac/tp/top_rss_mac.htm

Cheers Mark :)