Sunday, October 07, 2007

Already Over it

New Zealand was taken out at the quarter finals of the Rugby World Cup early this morning (NZ Time).

While the media will go on and on about how the whole country is in mourning on tonights Television News - I really don't care: and neither should you.

As a country, we are more than a bunch of Rugby players on a field. Why we put these guys up on pedestals, and live or die on the outcome of one rugby game is beyond me. New Zealanders' can be proud of so many things (Rugby amongst them) - and although I do feel for the guys in the All Blacks, we have to admit it's time to admit there is more to life.

I'm going for a walk in the sun - It's a beautiful day in Auckland - and I'm going to make the most of my Sunday. :)

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

I was in Passchendaele, watching ... hmmm no, photographing the London New Zealand R.F.C beat a French side.

It wasn't so bad and am delighted with the photographs :)