Friday, October 26, 2007

The lighter moments


I love when people surprise. I live for those moments when people go against type; when that knock on the door comes from someone you don't expect, or that someone who manages to totally reinvent your perception of them in an instant of time.
I like it even more - because it's rare.
People hardly ever surprise me these days, but even the smallest of revelations can make my day. And I realize I've been missing that lately.

I saw something the other day that pretty much sums up this whole writing thing for me. Especially when you realize that this blog is only a small part of who I am, and you don't always see the parts that balance me.

We are here; we are human beings; this is how we lived. Let it be known, the earth passed before us. Our details are important. - Natalie Goldberg

No comments: