Friday, October 19, 2007

Finding greatness in small things

I want to write about hooks - not the kind you fish with 'though.
I want to find a better version of Rosanna, because as much as I like that damn song, the thought of it is actually better than the song itself: So overproduced and muddy....
To make it worse I've now heard that there is an SACD version of the Album Toto IV. Why would I just get my hopes up? I know that the only place to listen to Rosanna was in the 80's on a crappy 3 in 1 Stereo, full knowing that when I just saved the $700 for that cheap CD player - it would sound that much better.

Or course it didn't: I just didn't know that yet.

Yesterday I walked outside, after a sudden downpour.
The sun had broken through minutes before,
the evaporating water on the concrete was rising around my feet.
The sun shone warmly on my face.
On the air, I smelt the first scent of hay,
As a warmth cascaded through me like an electric current
I found a spring in my step,
as I walked to the mailbox.

It was a lovely break from Rosanna. :)



See what I mean?

No comments: