Monday, April 16, 2007

The Perfect Age

Story One: Today
Visiting Waikato Hospital today on a work related matter, I find myself working in the "sleep lab". Asking the nurse how you get to spend a night in the sleep ward, the possible sleep apnea sufferer looks at the nurse awaiting a simple answer: no such luck. "You get a referral from your GP luv - says she, "You look like a bit of a snorer luv, it's that short neck of yours - a right giveaway that"...."Did ya know there's research that says the low frequency snoring can move aortic plaque to your brain and cause you to stroke out?"

Story Two: Mum re - my grandmothers nursing home.
"God - Mark .....David (a dementia patient) was there the other day; his trousers around his ankles, his pull ups fallen down enough that you could see his butt crack. I was worried he was going to take a dump in the corner of the visitors room!"

Dilemma - Just how long do I want to live?

No comments: