Monday, April 30, 2007

My Long Weekend.


Having worked all last weekend I arranged to disconnect from reality, and have a four day weekend to catch up on some sleep; It's been great.
Sleeping, for me you see, has always been a type of release. When most stressed I simply curl up in bed and sleep the day away.
This weekend however, a vicious combination of cheese and Biggest Loser reruns on TV have resulted in my dreams taking on an up sized bias. In these dreams I am, how do you say, larger than life; and not in a good way. Now, instead of waking rested and recharged, I wake feeling like crap.
I believe the blame sits primarily with my sporty type friends. These slender types with their ironman, rugby, cricket, hockey lifestyles must have been subconsciously getting to me. I really must remember to ply them with chocolate bars next time I visit.

No comments: