Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thanks Dear

Why do woman behind the counters at supermarkets always call me "dear" ?

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind it, but I wonder if there's something about my manner that automatically makes them feel comfortable saying that.

While I'll freely admit there's something nice about it all - at the same time I wonder about my constant occupation of the friend zone, and the reasons behind it.

Granted - I'm into the whole Karma thing, but part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, dear, the thing is that you have to check if they say it to every male specimen which comes along or only to you. If they say it to every male specimen, dear, then it's a specific feature of female cashiers. Of course, dear, if they only say it to you, and it happens to be always the same little female cashier you have, you could of course score a date. Go get her tiger! :D

Mark J said...

Manic,
Unfortunately the checkout girls I'm referring to are of the much older variety. I've been thinking about what you said - and I'm changing supermarkets accordingly :)

Anonymous said...

Its cos you look like a lovely boy!!! hehe