Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rose coloured glasses

I realise that being in love can have its downsides.
Especially the risk of losing that love, either through time, personal growth, or a shitty curve ball life can throw every now and again.
Whatever the reason, and the feelings of misery that follow, I am often comforted by the look on a single friends face when they meet someone special again. Regardless of everything, we so often take the chance for happiness again - that resilience of the human spirit is astounding.
And if that makes me a sucker - then I'm not alone.

I really used to like the Eagles. When I was in high school I used to listen to them a lot. But then I found so many other types of music, and the Eagles got lost in the mix. More recently I've been thinking about this song; the loss, and the realisation that life goes on.
I never realised how so many artists suffer for their art, and by doing so show us the possibility of dealing with our past, and the feelings that arise from it.

No comments: