Thursday, December 08, 2005

Good old Watties



Watties - good old Watties.

A great NZ icon. You'll never be a Kiwi 'til you love our Watties sauce they tell us.

So when I go to the supermarket I buy Watties. And yesterday I brought peaches. And though they're not the cheapest, I'm a sucker for the whole buy NZ thing.

Having opened said Peaches, i noticed they weren't the normal orange/yellow colour - they were a bit "pale" looking.... Probably picked a bit early in the season I thought. But something about the whole thing bothered me - so I checked the label.

And there on the back of the can were the words...Produce of Greece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, thought it make you feel better reading about your peaches in Jive.... TumourBoy

Watties - baaaad old Watties.

A great NZ icon. 'S coo', bro. You's'll neva' be some Kiwi 'til ya' love our Watties sauce dey tell us.

So when ah' audi-five t'de sdownermarket ah' steal Watties. And yesterday ah' brought peaches. And dough dey're not da damn cheapest, I'm some sucka' fo' de whole steal NZ wahtahmellun.

Havin' jimmey'd said Peaches, ah' noticed dey wuzn't da damn no'mal o'ange/yellow colour - dey wuz some bit pale lookin'.... Probably picked some bit early in de season ah' dought. But sump'n about da damn whole wahtahmellun bodered me - so's I checked da damn label.

And dere on de back uh de kin wuz de wo'ds...Produce uh Greece. What it is, Mama!

Anonymous said...

A sad day indeed