Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bionics Woman abound!

Lindsay Wagner

OK - I admit it - In the 70's I had a thing for The Bionic Woman. I always hoped that Jamie Sommers would recover from her amnesia and marry her true love Steve Austin. I worried however, that such a union, would potentially ruin the life of any potential children.
Imagine - If your dad had an horrific accident whilst testing a forerunner to the space shuttle, and your mum had a horrific accident whilst parachuting, and both had to be reconstructed with bionics afterward - wouldn't you look twice before crossing the street? I know I would.

With all this pre-teen angst burning in the recesses of my mind - I tuned into the new "re-imagined" Bionic Woman on TV. Good news - the New Bionic Woman has exorcised all those demons of old. The bad plots, bad bad BAD writing and one (count em - ONE) dimensional characters, have taken away my pain of unrequited love for Jamie and Steve. I thank you New Bionic Woman.

There is however, an unexpected problem - It appears in all this confusion that I can no longer stop watching the new show. No-one is more horrified than I. Dog my Cats indeed!

But why why why???
Is it because I'm waiting for the scripts to get better ? (unlikely)
Perhaps I'm waiting the plot to arrive in an upcoming episode?
(Who can tell - so far no sign)
The thought that I might have a thing for the new (note: new spelling) Jaime Sommers, is keeping me up at night. The idea that this latest hussy could replace the lovely Lindsay Wagner is abhorrent to my 70's sensibilities.
Michelle Ryan - the New Bionic Woman

I do however have to announce the best thing since sliced bread is here and is the ever delightful Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff who plays a lovely over the top character on the show - who also happens to be a bionic woman. Go kick her butt Katee!

Katee Sackhoff - My hero

It's a complicated plot type thing people - you just wouldn't understand. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Katee Sackhoff! She is doing a great work in Bionic Woman and shouldn't quit the show.. It's one of my favorite series now.
Have you seen her interview on TV Guide's?
weshow.com/r/us/p/25755/interview_with_bionic_womans_katee_sackhoff
Let's make a petition online! :D

Mark J said...

For some reason the video wouldn't play - I'll try it again.

I'm sure I'll be in mourning when Battlestar finishes in Season 4. Starbuck is a great character.