Friday, November 16, 2007

The beauty of words

I feel time like a heartbeat, the seconds pumping in my breast like a reckoning.
The numinous mysteries that once seemed so distant and unreal, threatening clarity in the presence of a truth entertained - not in youth - but only in its passage.
I feel these words, (as if their meaning were weight being lifted from me) knowing that you will read them and share my burden, as I have come to trust no other.
That you should know my heart, look into it, finding there the memory and experience that belong to you (that are you) is a comfort to me now as I feel the tethers loose and the prospects darken for the continuance of a journey that began not so long ago, and which began again with a faith shaken - strengthened by your convictions.
If not for which, I might never have been so strong now, as I cross to face you and look at you - incomplete, hoping that you will forgive me for not making the rest of the journey with you.

Chris Carter - Memento Mori

No comments: