Friday, November 11, 2005

I hate Telecom

This company is an evil empire.

Last week I decided to move my broadband to IHUG. Soon my upload speed will go from 256 to maximum speed, and my data cap will go from 3 Gigs to 20 Gigs.

So how much will this new plan cost me - Not one damn dollar more!

When I contacted Xtra they simply told me some ISP's have no 24/7 helpdesk, or virus email scanning... of course IHUG have both. Oh and they had the guile to mention the benefits of their new security suite (which you end up paying for).

By the way - with telecom your upload data counts toward your data cap - but IHUG's doesnt.

This arrogant company wouldnt even exist if it didnt have an unfair advantage in the telecommunications arena - but over time that dominance will erode - and when the revolution comes.......

5 comments:

Mark J said...

Yeah I was a beta tester for Xtra.

And cuz I was on the "inside" for 18 years I can say without any doubt that they have no soul - cuz I swiped it when I left!

Delmorpheus said...

Maybe you should borrow $11.25 billon at current fixed rates of say 8% and buy the buggers.
Of course their current dividend yeild is 12.5% so you will have a spare $500 million pa after paying interest on your loan for lifestyle choices while whipping them into shape :o)

PS I would be willing to take over Theresa's role for $100k less pa, after all telecom is no state owned broadcaster. So now you have $500.1M to play with..

Mark J said...

Del Boy! Long time no see. Why dont you sell Beach Street and buy Telecom?
I've heard about the Dunedin house prices lately...Why arent you in Thailand anyway?

Anonymous said...

you'll lik ethis then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8RjrA05I8w

hehehehehehe

Mark J said...

Anonymous person

I love you ! :)