Monday, June 02, 2008

This wont last long

I have sometimes been blessed in the ability to see bad relationships for what they are, and have ended ended them with good reason. I'm equally blessed, in that those I've dated have also had the same wisdom and ended relationships with me as well.:)
The end seems to justify the means - and I reluctantly admit, looking back, I am a better person for the experience.

This song is a rare posting indeed - and I suspect it wont be around for long before it gets removed. Although it doesn't necessarily subscribe to my life accurately, some of it fits a little too close for comfort. Plus it's a nice bit of 80's cynicism :)

2 comments:

Jacie said...

that's the 'song of my life gone wrong' too! I used to love Thomas Dolby but don't remember this one - excellent lyrics. You're right about Hollywood happy endings too (though I am personally a sucker for happy endings) but I do think that squashing Meg Ryan was a little harsh!

Mark J said...

For those who are interested Jacie's comments regarding Meg Ryan are in response to a video clip on her blog that reminded me of "City of Angels".

Nic Cage is an enigma - I'm sure it's some of his characters that I prefer, rather then the actor himself.