Friday, March 23, 2007

Wise Up - Aimee Mann

Got a few hours?

Looking for a challenging little film that will blow you out of the water - if you could only handle the subject matter?

Look no further than Magnolia - a film reputedly based partly on the song writing of Aimee Mann. It's a total mind-frak, and coincidentally, the best acting I've ever seen Tom Cruise do.

Be brave. And don't blame me if you don't like it !

For some reason i cant embed the video - click here to listen to the track.

3 comments:

Di Mackey said...

David Wall, the photographer back in Dunedin, raved about this movie too.

Hmmm, I'll put it on my 'one day' list then, although I struggled with 'Being John Malkovich' so maybe I'm not up to this ...

Mark J said...

This isnt so much in the vein of malkovich - it's a gritty and powerful interwoven story - that is unflinching. I found it difficult to watch, especially for the themes running through the story, but like all good stories, redemption is there to be found. I'm glad I saw it, but please watch it when you are in a middle-to-good place. I think you'll remember it for a long time.

Jay said...

I love you!
This is my favourite!!