Thursday, August 03, 2006

The beautiful people

Years ago, in Dunedin, someone had gone to the lengths of painting grafitti on a piece of fencing. Every day as I drove to work it would shout its message as I went by. The message, by the way, was "Absolute beauty rules"; and Queenstown proves its point.

It can be a daunting prospect - surrounded by the young, attractive, and wealthy. I can't work out why it never bothered me in the past - perhaps because I never noticed it to the same degree, or perhaps now I realise that I have none of the prerequisites to be here?

Although, buried beneath the layers of ski clothing, the distinctions can blur, and perhaps for a while we can be one. This I can only hope.

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Lol, you are delicious Mark ... although I know what you mean about Queenstown.

I think everyone notices the beauty and stuff, all are intimidatedd and then they just get on with it because Queenstown is BEAUTIFUL.

Have fun, beautiful man.