Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The fine art of falling over


So - I'm trying this the old fashioned way. I'm writing this post on paper, then later I plan to type this all down.
IG arrived sans Tyler last night - so we are now three in Q'town. Fat Trevor, IG and I dropped into the Cow tonight for fun and games around a couple of large pizzas. If you are EVER in Queenstown you must visit the Cow. The Cow offers a rustic dining experience, not to mention lovely pasta and pizza. If you prefer a combination perhaps a bolognese pizza - its a favourite staple of visitors to this fine town.
So - full of pizza we rented Serenity and series one of Scrubs, and settled down with a bottle of 42 Below. I have discovered similar traits to my friends and scrubs characters. IG is Turk, while Trevor is Todd. I continue to be JD - much to my regret, and I'm starting to think Doctor Cox is Kibbles.
Needless to say - the vodka bottle was dealt to and we all sloped off to bed giggling like schoolgirls. It was a good day :)
Tomorrow, Frank, my patient ski instructor will attempt once again to take me to the next level of ski godliness - he is perhaps an eternal optimist. I will blog on Frank in an upcoming post.
As the day comes to and end, I must reluctantly count down another day of my leave. Reality beckons, and I dont like the tune it's humming. Holidays are a brilliant opportunity to put your life on hold - avoiding decisions for another day. Long may holidays rein, still nothing lasts forever.

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Holidays and life on hold ... hell Mark, become an in process immigrant ;)

It's been almost a year now.

Sounds like you're having a lovely time though ...

Mark J said...

You current situation is a huge source of frustration I bet - I'm just concerned you'll drop off the face of the "blog" earth when you get a job. What do we have to look forward to then - huh? HUH?