Sunday, July 30, 2006

Drinking in Dunnoz


Stepping off the plane in Dunedin yesterday, I was filled with a slight dis-ease. A long stopover at Wellington, and second two hour flight on a smaller aircraft to Dunedin made me a little bit queasy, but my primary concern was how I would aclimatise to my latest visit.

Earlier in the day I had an early wake up at 5am, and with the all blacks playing the Wallabies in Australia at 10pm - it was always going to be a long day. Today I'm still tired, and still feeling a little out of sorts - but it's good to be home.

Tomorrow I plan to drive for approximately 4 hours to Queenstown, where I'll stay for the next two weeks. Skiing is an obvious starter, but I plan to visit a few old haunts; especially the Cow Restaurant, and the Luge track at the Skyline. This week my family is joining me which will be good. IG and Fat Trevor are coming next weekend, so will hopefully have a balanced two weeks; first resting then next week drinking too much red wine and vodka.

It's odd you know. Today I was sitting in a nice bar with IG, drinking a nice red, listening to an 80's soul mix from the bar's music system and I think we were the only ones there. That's not a bad thing - in fact the distinct lack of people around me was a pleasant alternative the busy bustle that is my Auckland life. And that's a good thing when you're on holiday.

3 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh H0MESICKNESS IS BAD AT THE MOMENT.

I wanna come home.

Bloody buggary bollocky Belgian immigration policy ... let me workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Okay, regression to a younger way of expressing myself out of my system, have a red for me, write up meal at 'The Cow' and post tons of pictures of Queenstown ... please.

Mark J said...

Will do.
Sorry you're feeling homesick Di.

Are you sure the write up and photo shoot just wont make it worse?

I'll be thinking of you when I get to the Cow. :)

Di Mackey said...

If you were a chick I would call you a cow, just for the smile I saw on your face as you wrote that last sentence.

Write it up anyway ... homesickness is better than nothing, and HAVE FUN.