Sunday, May 21, 2006

Self medication


Thoughts abound.

Today I had lunch with Quizmaster Girl. It was great to have a catchup in Cafe Frolic, on a sunny Sunday morning. The conversation flowed through a myriad of topics, only to pause between brunch bites, and sips of Chai Latte. Unfortunately there is no sophisticated way to drink tea.... English Breakfast tea mind you....

Speaking of sophisticated - I was thinking of Claire Danes today, specifically her role in The Hours. Though a dour film in it's subject matter, I found the performances to be top shelf, an obvious reflection of the stellar cast. I felt Nicole Kidman's fake nose got too much exposure, and conversly Claire Danes barely rated a mention, even though her understated performance in this film deserves many Kudo's. Her recent turn in The Family Stone, only goes to establish her as an actress who makes the most of any role, no matter how slight. The girl rocks.


Enough already - I'm off skiing this afternoon, which probably explains my mood today.

No comments: