Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mr Darcy in the English Patient?


IG often say's to watch "The English Patient", one must be English and Patient. To which I say Bollocks!
It's a great read - my copy is absolutely dog eared, as I'm always looking for a bit about broken reeds (as it's a very good bit). Trouble is I keep forgetting said "bit about the broken reeds" and have to go hunting for it again. Damn my OCD - wheres that bloody book!

I have the film on DVD, and have seen it many times, but by accident I came across this page, about Colin Firth, and his role in the movie. (BTW the bit about the reeds isnt in the film)
Bollocks I said again; it's a damn have: an internet piss-take.
But turns out he was in the English Patient, as the very lucky man who is married to Kristin Scott Thomas, but not so lucky as she runs off with Ralph Fiennes, or come to think of it mostly unlucky as he crashes his plane trying to kill her.

Lifes been hard for our Mr Darcy. But it's at times like this, I'm reminded that this is actually a fictional story, and Colin Firth probably slips off to sleep at night counting his money rather than sheep. Oh life is hard indeed Mr Darcy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can say the only good bit about that movie was kirsten scott thomas got her kit out. otherwise it was total bollacks

Di Mackey said...

oh oh oh, ig is a plonker ... affectionately said, since the rest of his/her taste may be fine but 'the english patient' is my favourite movie in the world ... i own the dvd and the book, and ralph fiennes, let's just say, i would do nonsenses for him ;)

but otherwise, i thought kirsteen shone too, mr darcy was delightful despite surely realising that no woman could choose him over mr fiennes, the director minghalla is a god and ondaatje is one of my favourite writers ... you'll probably enjoy his 'running in the family' ... a delicious book that you must find mark ... ahhhhh memories.