Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dancing with Celeb's

Ms Bloomfield and partner

For the last few week's I've been visiting Tumorboy and Scrabble Queen for Dinner on Sunday nights.
Them feeding me has become a tradition of sorts, not unlike watching Dancing with the Stars on TV afterward .
When I say watching - i mean in the least accurate sense of the word, as I find "live" television programs to be incredibly hard to stomach.
I glance at the screen momentarily, instead preferring Tumorboys running commentary to the actual watching process - much like listening to a rugby game on the radio.
All this is because I secretly fear that I have the "power to jinx" the competitors. It's funny but if i see someone stuff up on live TV I always feel in some way responsible.
The main reason we "watch" this particular program is because Angela Bloomfield is in it, and she is one of Scrabble Queens friends. Scrabble Queen informs me that should Angela get voted off, we will not have to watch any more of the program: this suits me, as I can then relax, knowing my super powers of disruption can no longer harm others. All the same I wish her all the luck in the world - Damn the others: Ms Bloomfield is a national treasure, and unlike Rodney Hide, can actually dance.

This weekend was also the second of my two 20th birthday parties. An excellent night was had by all. Quizmaster Girl organised an excellent dinner at a Mongolian restaurant, before we rushed to Newmarket for a two hour kareoke session, organised by Sixth Sense Girl. Kareoke is definitely a fun thing, especially with a little "dutch courage" and a team of willing contestants. Quizmaster Girl baked an amazing Chocolate Cake, and I got to hear SweetP sing Tom Jones's Delilah. A once in a lifetime experience - especially the gleam on SweetP's face when she sung "She saw the knife in my hand - and she laughed no more". Goalie Girl Girlfriend looked horrified.

Oh and the skiing was excellent as well, my carve is coming together, and I await the checking of my Lotto tickets to confirm my upcoming Ski-Bum existence. Fingers crossed!

No comments: