Thursday, May 11, 2006

I prefer tea


I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear
I like my toast done on one side
And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm an Englishman in New York

Like Sting I prefer tea, but I'm surprised at the lengths some go to for the ultimate coffee.

See the article below for a very special blend - passed by a Luwak.

The luwak is a small wild cat, closely related to the skunk with a fondness for ripe coffee cherries. When the luwak excretes it's waste the coffee bean is left mainly unchanged which is then picked up by farmers. The bean is then cleansed and shipped to roasters who turn it into a more distinguished version of the drink you have everyday, called 'Kopi Luwak' or coffee. What makes this coffee different? Reasearch shows that while being passed through the luwak's digestive system it is chemically altered, reducing bitterness. The luwak itself will also only eat the ripest of beans, which means Kopi Luwak coffee is of uncomprised high quality. Whilst the quality is outstanding, with a price of $US300 per kilo it makes for an expensive cappuccino.

I shit you not! :-)

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

I threw my head back and laughed when I read that beautiful NZ expression ... never heard these days ... I shit you not.
That is so you!!! :)