Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Leaning Tower of Pizza's


"They" say that we are only four missed meals from anarchy, and after what I saw today I am inclined to believe in MI5's assesment of the human existance.

Today, you see, i did something I haven't done for ages: I went to Pizza Hut for a sit down meal.
Normally the all you can eat premise does not appeal to me, and although it may in some way appeal to my overeating alter-ego, currently I seem to be able to limit my calorie intake: i emphasize currently.

Anyway, as i ate dinner with my work mates, I noticed a disturbing sight; that being the horror of the other patron's eating habits.
Society is in decline, I thought as I saw teenagers switching from desert to pizza and back to desert again - were they born in a cave? Where were their mothers? Dying of shame I think!

The serving staff brought out some fresh pizzas to calm the starving masses, yet the concept of "all you can eat" had not permeated into the primitive homo-pizzahutians skulls. See food - eat now, was the only thought in mind.

I realized, as they piled pizza after pizza slice onto their little plates one on top of the other -
this was possibly a sub-conscious attempt to prove the whole Pizza Hut "Works Deal" fundamentally flawed. I was wrong.

It was sad to see the dine-in equivalent of pig's at the feeding trough, and i noted with every extra slice of pizza slapped on top of the last, the horror on the faces of other patrons yet to get to the serving table, and the ever diminishing slices, so they could do the EXACT SAME THING when they got there.

Four days my arse! If the pizza ovens weren't in "full swing", churning out pizzas, we would have seen the downfall of society start at the Whangarei Pizza Hut restaurant: And you would have read it here first.

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Ahhh a snapshot that might just make it simpler to cancel my last-chance-to-use-free-flight-from-istanbul-to-new-zealand singapore airline ticket.

Cheers Belgium, 7 months for residency and stil not permitted to work ... ho hum, at least I miss civilisation's latest decline in Pizza Hut up north. ;)