Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gravity

There are few things that surprise me these days; I guess that includes people as well. Sometimes I crave something extra from this world - something unexplained, unexpected, not manufactured by me for me in any way. The problem is; it never seems to happen.
Deep down inside I know I don't want everything to be explained away by logic. Just once or twice I'd love to live in a world where one plus one didn't always equal two. I'm not looking for a religious experience, or a drive by shooting even! I just want to be pleasantly surprised, and reminded that everything I know isn't always the way it is.
How many ways to say the same thing badly - the words are on the tip of my tongue but they wont come. Maybe I'll find them one day, and come back to edit this....

It's just when I hear this song, the small part left clinging to that hope feels a little more optimistic.



Oh I'll never know
What makes this man
With all the love
That his heart can stand
Dream of ways
To throw it all away

1 comment:

Jacie said...

love it,love it,love it!! And now I can get that 'I want you' song out of my head at last! And I'm with you on looking for the 'wow' factor in life. Hope something makes you go 'wow - I never knew that!' today