Sunday, August 05, 2007

Writing betterer

It's weird you know - recently I became aware that two people I know, (who I previously thought had it pretty much together) have self destructed.
Now - before those readers who know me jump to conclusions, I can assure you it's no one you know, and certainly no one who comes here.
The painful exercise to learn from this is this - "you are the only one that lives inside your head". If you don't ask for help, chances are you wont receive it. Period.
Conversely, some people who read this blog may be convinced I am a mess of insecurities, and while they may be correct :) , the mere fact I deal with these feelings, makes me a stronger person - hardening up only ever leaves a bigger mess when the walls come crashing down.
I know things have been a bit laid back around this blog lately; this is probably because the things that are really occupying my mind, can't be discussed here. Yes - because too many people here know me. It is that simple.

Changing the subject ever so slightly, Di and I were discussing Sidestepping Real the other day. I wish I could write more like her - I'm not sure what it is about her writing - upon reflection it's probably that she CAN write. To me, I see something between the lines in her work. It's as if she puts ideas within my grasp, leaving me some degree of latitude so I can relate to what she's saying.
I, on the other hand pretty much wear my heart on my sleeve (writing wise), and spoon feed it to those of you that drop by to read it. [Did I mention I really love that you all drop by - I do, believe me]
My eventual point is, like in a twisted version of Jack Nicholson's speech from As Good as it Gets - She makes me want to be a better writer. With that comes the promise of more honesty, and possibly, a mental breakdown or two on the way, as I work out how. :)

On a more cryptic note, I've also come to the conclusion that two months is two months too long, and that is all I have to say about that.

So much off my chest tonight, and that really is the point of this whole blog "thingy". If we choose to evolve as a person, we need to challenge ourselves, and take the next step in our life journey. Wherever those baby steps may take us.


Phew - too much for a Sunday night!

No comments: