Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So who are you?

Kirsty sent me a fun little test in an email today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/whatamilike/index.shtml

You know, I'd like to think you couldn't put me in a box, even one of sixteen. Still it was an interesting diversion in a day stifled by yawns, and a very polite American lecturer, who really wanted to see the "native" population while he was here.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the Maori weren't a tribe of warriors living as they did when Europeans first arrived here. The puzzling thing was that he said he saw "Once Were Warriors" years ago, and wanted to see "people like that". To be honest - if I ran into Jake the Mus, sticking around for a chat would be the last thing on my mind. An extremely powerful and unsettling film definitely made sure of that. Viewer discretion recommended by the way.



Then again it just could be the Resolver in me.

No comments: