Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Empathy

I know I should be more concerned about a lot more important things in the world, but while reading about the Academy Awards I noticed the following photo;


Reese 2007 Oscars

I've blogged on Reese Witherspoon before, so I wont bore you with any more on the subject. Suffice to say, that after looking at the picture from last year - I just want to give the girl a big hug. The eyes just give it away - she looks so damn sad.

Reese 2006 Oscars - a "little" less miserable


I really hope the 2007 photo is a case of bad timing, and I know we cant be happy all the time. It's just that I hate seeing people like this - Isn't it strange how the littlest things can pull at your heart, yet bring out the best instincts in you?

If only we could develop a similar empathy for some random person struggling for survival in the third world...well, that would be truly amazing.

No comments: