Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Recipe Wednesday


Last Saturday I got invited to a pot luck dinner. Because I was a boy, and bound to fuck up, I was given a desert to bring.
I do make a crazy delicious mars bar cheesecake, but of late I've wanted to be known for more than my cheesecake, so I decided to take something a bit different. This steamed pudding went down a treat.

Mum used to make this steam pudding before the advent of the microwave. Back then the dough was placed in a aluminium bowl with a baking paper top held on with string, itself sitting in a simmering pot of water. This recipe got lost for years - but fell out of my Edmonds cook book the other day.

These days it takes 4 minutes in a Microwave. Progress that can finally be measured!

Ingredients:

1 Cup Flour
125 grams Sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
50 grams of Butter
Sultanas
1 Egg
1/2 cup of milk


Method:

Cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat well.
Add sifted flour and baking powder alternatively with milk.
Mix in sultanas (you choose how many - within reason)

Pour batter into a moderate sized "stick resistant" microwave proof bowl.

Cook on Max power for 4 minutes . Turn out onto a plate while warm.

Oh - you can add a little vanilla essence earlier on in the process, if you're feeling brave.

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Hey, I commented ... where did it go???

But wait, it crashed my computer, perhaps it didn't get published.

I wrote: Love love love you for this recipe.

Dank u wel voor het recipe!

Mark J said...

You comments about this post were made under the Excited - moi? post!

Lay off the Vodka - ok ! :)