Friday, February 02, 2007

My Elton Tribute

There's something to be said about regrets.
Looking back over your life, and not liking what you see can be a great motivation for making some changes.
What changes one should make however, aren't always so obvious.
I also wonder if the choices some people make to achieve their goals, are worth it in the long run.
The famous, the A type achievers - I wonder if at the end their regrets aren't larger, simply because their lives are so restricted, and their options limited.
I mean - How "normal" can you be if you're Justin Timberlake or Paris Hilton?
Don't you find it odd that millions "worship" these people when today's Jason Timberlake will possibly be tomorrow's Michael Jackson?
Am I the only one that thinks this a little sick?

Elton John released a video a few years back - that seems to point out some of the concerns mentioned above. It's ironic that Justin Timberlake plays the younger incarnation of Elton. Life imitating Art I guess.

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Okay ... I'm thinking you should move to part-time work so as to post more often and get back into photography ;)

Another really good post!!

Mark J said...

Nah - am too much of a prostitute to work part time. Instead... how about I live my life through your more adventurous varient?

That way I can have my toffee pops and eat them too!