Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Excited - moi?


When was the last time you really got excited about something?
I mean really really excited.
When I was eight years old I got very excited about a Raleigh Chopper, but these days, like a drug addict looking for a better fix, its fair to say a a Chopper simply doesn't cut the mustard.

Flat screen ? Nah
New car ? Nah
Games Console, Travel ? Give me a break! It's just not happening.

OK - Maybe if I had a few million in the bank? But ever since that damn gypsy grabbed me in Kings Cross in the 80's.. I know that's not going to happen any time soon. Trust me, regarding money; I'm certain I have a major life lesson to learn before I come into anything significantly financial in nature. Until then I'm happy with what I've got.

If the measure of success in life was excitement I'm not sure I'm making any headway. In fact - I might be going backward.
How to get excited - it cant be that hard a question to answer.

4 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Love love love you for this!!!

Dank u wel voor het recipe.
(lol, don't check my Dutch and let's hope manic doesn't read this shocking attempt at his language)

Di Mackey said...

Damn, this went on the wrong post ... my computer crashed and I had another comment for this one.

I wrote that photography would excite you and that you should dust your camera off and get out there again.

Mark J said...

I see you've sobered up Di :)

Seriously tho - I enjoy your comments - please keep up the good work, and let me know how my recipe faired.

Di Mackey said...

You little buggar ... as might be said to a cheeky bloke.

I'll let you know about the recipe :)