Monday, April 10, 2006

Things you didn't know


Tom Cruise can act

A controversy in the making perhaps, but I've almost always maintained that Tom Cruise can act. Though his choice in dramatic roles severely limit his acting range, I firmly believe that if you show you can act in one movie, then any number of Mission Impossible's aside, you can indeed act.

That one movie, in case you were wondering, is Magnolia. I believe the man should have won a Oscar for his role, but the movie was a "difficult child" for the Academy, and so that was that.

Mr Cruise has taken a lot of stick over the last year or so. His fondness for scientology aside, there was the couch jumping session on Oprah, and more recently his impending fatherhood, and marriage to Katie Holmes.

Until recently I had no idea you could buy an adult pacifier - I would hate to guess where to buy one, although there was that disturbing episode of CSI, featuring that store where grownups could purchase adult diapers. Trust me when I say you don't want to know more.

Yes my friends - Illusive as finding that photo of Tom Cruise standing on a plastic box next to Jason Lee whilst filming a scene for Vanilla Sky, Tom can indeed act, and in the immortal words of Forrest Gump .. "That's all I'm gonna say about that".

Except to say watch the damn movie. Beware tho - It's no Risky Business, and that's no bad thing.

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

http://www.acrossthelana.blogspot.com/

have a look ... you feature :)