Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bored? Get Ordinated


Whilst surfing some blog sites (as you do), I happened across the Universal Life Church, and saw this;

The Universal Life Church (or ULC) is a religious organization that offers anyone immediate ordination as a ULC minister for free. The organization states that anyone can become a minister immediately, without having to go through the pre-ordination process required by other religious faiths.

So what can you actually do with these newly developed powers?

ULC ministers are authorized by the church to officiate weddings and funerals, perform baptisms, hold services (also called meetings), and other sacraments and rites regularly performed by ordained members of clergy and part of the particular belief system the minister represents.

I love the concept - that the proper religion may differ for each man, and everyone is entitled to choose his or her own religion. No one should be criticized or condemned for wanting to practice the belief of his or her choice.

Call me Minister Mark and respect my author-i-ta!

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

But is it a celibate life ... or didn't you read the small print?

Mark J said...

A celibate life I lead already - tho not by choice. Rest assured I have read the small print; it appears NZ does not recognise the Church. I will however be ordained in the USA, should I ever decide to visit..