Monday, April 24, 2006

Be my Bagel


Here I was, Walking down 5th Avenue, past the world famous Mt Sinai Medical Center, on a beautiful spring day. Following the traffic, with Central Park on my right, and in the distance the equally famous Guggenheim Museum coming to view, I reflected on how great the City of New York was once the icy grip of winder lessened its grip. It was the spring of 1965.

Well, that's how I'd imagine my life would have been, if I believed in such things as reincarnation. "Why"? you may ask, and I would reply, "My absolute love of the bagel".

There is no other reason to explain my love of the bagel, specifically the BLT bagel which may, or may not be a recent addition to the bagel scene. Such a love of a somewhat "relatively recent" foreign food import to New Zealand defies explanation, perhaps one of lifes' mysteries. I'm just glad I discovered the secret.

Anything I write would never do a justice to the bagel - so I must simply say "Go", "find your favourite bagel and filling, and rejoice in its wonder"!

No comments: