Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thanks but no thanks


I dont want to date.

Or perhaps, more correctly, I'm only interested in dating one particular person at present. She knows who she is.

I've felt this way for some time, and I've felt no desire to change my mind and date anyone else.

My friends dont subscribe to this particular point of view, and have tried to push me into dating.
I resisted, so they invited me to dinner, at the same time as another girl. And now they've done that they're about to do it again in a week or so.

In Notting Hill, when Hugh Grant is still getting over Julia Roberts, his friends try to set him up with all and sundry, under the guise of a dinner date. The dates range from the absurd to the ridiculous, yet at the end of the montage is a date with a perfectly lovely girl. The problem is, as nice as she is, she isn't Julia Roberts.

My problem is that I'm in love, and until I'm not in love any more, I don't really wanna go there.

In so many ways it would be easier to forget, but the heart wants what the heart wants, and it takes time for that to stop I'm guessing.

Comments have been turned off on this post, and if you know me, I don't wanna talk about this. Period.
Dearest friends and parents - I've never been more serious.

In the meantime have a lovely week, I'll be working on that myself :)