Saturday, September 29, 2007

Missing you.

This post is dedicated to all those people in our lives we miss.
For all the reasons in the world, it's so true; our lives are much more drab and empty when they're gone.

I'm wondering if the whole act of missing someone isn't a sign that we're not entirely unworthy of existence as a species. With all the bad news fed to us these days, we should take every good thing we can get to brighten our days.


I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged.
Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still,
the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend.

3 comments:

Kris said...

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION! I LØØØØØVE that movie sooo much!!

And I know. I just lost a friend a week ago from today, and you are so right, and "Red"/Morgan Freeman (or rather whoever wrote his lines) is right. Empty.

I guess missing someone is a sign you loved and that's a good thing. It still hurts though.

Mark J said...

Lovely words Kris - thanks for dropping by.

Sandra said...

Letting go is never easy. A sweet hello to you~