Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Doctor Sucks Ass!

For some unholy reason Dr Hook's Greatest Hits has just been re-released here.
But wait - there's more - From the band who's lyrics gives us classic lines as....

And when your body's had enough of me And I'm layin flat out on the floor When you think I've loved you all I can I'm gonna love you a little bit more

OR

If I seem to come on too strong I hope that you will understand I say these things 'cause I'd like to know if you're as lonely as I am and if you'd mine - spending the night together.

OR

Night falls on the city, baby feels the beat Slick and sexy angel of the street The queen of all the night birds watch her when she walks She don't say nothing but, baby makes her blue jeans talk

I'd imagine if Aliens were approaching the earth from a Galaxy... far... far away, listening to 50's and then 60's radio stations as they got closer, when Dr Hooks' "Spending the Night Together" finally assaulted their ears in the 70's I'd imagine they'd stop, only to turn their craft around, and head home.

Perhaps Dr Hook was devised for exactly that purpose, and if that failed there was always Disco I guess.

No comments: