Saturday, September 08, 2007

Kasey Chambers

This video could be viewed in many differing ways. Possibly a whine-fest about not being noticed, or a not so subtle comment on how much importance we place on how we are perceived by others. I wonder if we aren't all a little lost in the world.

I like it because it's simple, and lacks pretension - like a lot of Kasey's music.

I remember seeing Kasey play "Hollywood" on Rove Live, and was blown away.

This is not Hollywood
There is no camera in my room
This is not Hollywood
Flowers grow before they bloom
Well you can hide away when you walk in dusky light of night
But this is not Hollywood
This is my life


2 comments:

Jay said...

I've never even heard of this person.

Mark J said...

She's an Australian icon Jay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasey_Chambers

It's nice to see you drop by again. :)