Monday, March 13, 2006

Something is wrong here


It's ridiculous - at what age these days must people take responsibility for their actions?

When do we know right from wrong?

Definitely not at 1 or 2, or maybe even at 3 years old. But I would hope that at the age of 12 you should have an idea that aiding in tormenting a schoolmate is wrong. But to try and play down your responsibility in the girls resulting suicide, is morally repugnant.

In my opinion, to tell the Herald on Sunday they weren't "the only ones" responsible for the girls death, just adds insult to the injury of losing a loved one in such a manner. I hope they wern't paid for their interview.

While I believe that over time the feeling of guilt may fade for these girls, I can only hope they use this horrible incident to shape the future of their lives; to rid their soul of the nastiness that may harbour there, and not chat about it to a Sunday paper like it was yesterdays news.

No comments: