Monday, January 28, 2008

A Very Civil Union

Bouncers are getting younger every day

You know? I'm starting to think of weddings the same way an immortal might think about funerals. Sure - the first few times are fun, but after a while the gloss goes, especially when you realize it's something you'll never get to participate in. As time goes on.... well, you get my drift; but I guess that's what you get for being everlasting.

This weekend SweetP and Army Girl got hitched. The second of my Auckland group of friends to follow their hearts into wedded bliss. Most of my Dunedin friends on the other hand, have long since wed, and are well into raising children by the score. Once again I seem to be left behind: it's not as cool as it once was.

It's not totally hopeless kiddies; I don't own any cat's or dog's - so perhaps that isn't to be my fate either :)
More importantly, the thought of living alone hasn't forced me into any panic; if there is a certain someone out there who can handle my particular brand of crazy, I'm prepared to wait; to say something suave, honest or sophisticated to get the girl. No second chance to make the same mistake again for this kid. If I dared to dally should the moment present itself, Bullrush Girl, Shars, or Keridopilus would surely kill me. Frankly I'd probably both deserve, and enjoy the prospect, especially if it meant missing another damn wedding. :)

So please, no comments for this post; because, although I am most likely immortal, I still hope for an outcome that awaits us all.

2 comments:

Mark J said...

Aww WTF - Comment away. Unless it's you Mum - I know you drop by here - and no I haven't phoned that other girl yet. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Son you read me so well don't you?

Have spent some part of this morning catching up with your news.

I know that one day you will meet that special woman, and feel it will be soon. Whoever she is, she doesn't know how very lucky she will be having such a caring, thoughtful and loving person as you. Love you. Mumsie XXX