Friday, January 04, 2008

Guitar Hero Part 2

For every silly love song there's also a song about love gone bad.
When I first heard this song yesterday I was immediately reminded of the fact that relationships often don't last, and the worse thing you can do is prolong the inevitable. The trick is knowing when to go, or when to stay.
Before I continue in this vein and suddenly burst into the Gambler by Kenny Rogers, I'd like you take a listen to this live version of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer - better that than hear me sing :)

3 comments:

Jacie said...

ooohh I love this song - hadn't heard it before and now I can't get it out of my head. Should I be grateful or mad at you?! Still, as one who is doing her own slow dance in a burning room - which makes a change from my usual pirouhetting on the edge of a cliff - it's as good a theme tune as any!

Mark J said...

i can totally recommend "City Love" by John Mayer as well. The opening words have been running around in my head since this post and I could do with a break. :)
"..I never loved this apple much..."
AAARRRRGGGH

Mark J said...

Not the best version but if youre interested it's 4 minutes into this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEE2_RYyVYk