Saturday, December 08, 2007

Bullrush Girl Revised

Just a snap from my cellphone.

"Why do you always do that?", she asked. (sighing a little under her breath afterwards)
And you know?
She was right....

So it turns out that it wasn't always a case of life always putting me in these situations after all!
Seven words from a close friend, and finally it's a little clearer. That's what having kids must do for you - the uncanny ability to cut through the bullshit to the heart of the matter. :)

That I would continue to put myself in the same situation beggars belief, and although in fairness the situations haven't always started identically - the end has been suspiciously similar.
The scary thing is that it is entirely possible that the outcome will always be the same, and that Green Street Girl's sister might have hit the nail on the head; all whilst sitting ever so calmly in a lounge chair, one warm Friday evening in Anderson's Bay.

Not the most obvious place for an epiphany, but the girl was always smart beyond her years.

But to my credit - I've always known that fact :)

No comments: