Saturday, May 26, 2007

My Saturday

Photography is nothing without a decent subject matter, and to be blunt, nothing recently has interested me enough to drag out my camera.

Last night I decided to go something different with my Saturday. Today I grabbed my camera and took a short trip to the local rugby club to photograph some young kids playing Rugby.

These kids are under 10 I believe. It was great watching them run around the field like headless chickens - the coaches telling them what to do - the kids not listening.
The weird thing is - I remember being ten. It's just that I never remembered being so young, having to listen and do what every adult told me, and ... well... being so uncoordinated and awkward.




After the kids game I went to watch Painter Girl play Rugby, and SweetP play Hockey. My camera stayed at my side all day - but I never captured the same joy and love of life as I did at 11am at the Waitakere Rubgy Football Club, when I caught the love of a sister for her brother as they played on the grass between two games of Rugby.

3 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Hooray, about time!!!
I'm so pleased.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a bit soon for dementia?
They are nice pictures, but rugby is so not me, I would break a nail or something -that works everytime :D.

Anonymous said...

Kids are great and all, don't get me wrong - but it's not 'be all and end all' if you don't or choose not to have them.
How about doing something on peoples pets and how much of a calming influence they can be? Enough with the kids.......please!!