Wednesday, April 29, 2009

But I'm still young on the inside!


I'm constantly having to remind myself I've grown up.

Today I had to wear formal attire to work for a high profile meeting. I looked about the room and felt so out of place; at least until I realised that so many people were looking to me for some answers.

I cant say too much yet, but huge things are afoot - at least a half a billion of them. All this while the tall poppy eradicator ambles ever so purposely in my direction.

We Kiwi's are our own worst nightmares - we need to accept it's OK to step up, and take charge when we need to - it's doesn't always mean we're full of ourselves....

Affirmations don't always do the trick 'tho - that inner monologue takes a lot of sating...

4 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Sounds exciting.

ren powell said...

It is very cool that people in suits look to people like you for some answers.

Mark J said...

Thanks guys, and thanks for your comment the other day Ren. I look forward to catching up soon :)

Re this issue: I just wish the tightness in my chest would abate :) I wont be writing about this particular "thing' for a while due to legal issues. But it will make an interesting post sometime soon.

Deadlyjelly said...

OOOH! Look forward to hearing all about it

x